Friday, May 18, 2012

Keukenhof Gardens

The Keukenhof Gardens, the most visited tourist destination in the world! Apparently it’s also the largest garden in the world. What an amazing place! You can easily spend all day wandering around on the paths and enjoying the beautifully cultivated flower beds. Getting there is easy- from Schipol Airport you can take the Keukenhof express bus (line 58 I believe). There are no stops and it will take you directly to the gardens. The bus ride is about 45 minutes from the airport and goes through some amazing flower fields and cute little towns.



At the Keukenhof you can rent bikes to see the site, or you can just walk like we did. There are a few buildings on the property where different displays are created out of flowers. We entered one building that had an orchid show and it was absolutely amazing! Orchids are my favorite flowers, so I was in heaven. If I could have a room in my house just for orchids I would! Unfortunately, Josh couldn’t wait to get back outside to see the tulips and other flowers.

Some of the coolest flowers we found




The day is best described in pictures, so here you go! Enjoy!!
 

The orchid building


Josh's favorite flower bed


They had some amazing color combinations!


Some of the fringed variety

Break time! Chocolate milk for me...

... and beer for Josh. He was happy!

This was my favorite section of flowers- right by a little pool

some strange sculpture in the pond...



I loved these dark purple flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment