Monday, June 27, 2011

4 weeks until the Konig Ludwig Half!

SO... Here is what I've done in the past week! It was really difficult because I was recovering from that sinus infection, but I was able to push through and get in a few decent runs. Now... it's time to increase my distance already!! Even though I've been battling sicknesses, my body has felt really great. No knee issues this time around, and I've felt really great after my runs. I must be doing something right- I just need to remember to take my vitamins so I don't get sick again!! With all these little setbacks I'm a little nervous that I won't be ready for the half, but I'm going to push through anyways!

My long run ended up being on Monday because we had too many things going on this weekend. I'm realizing that I need to do my long runs on Friday mornings (especially in the upcoming weeks) because we have things going on each weekend that will make it extremely difficult to schedule a long run. Next week we will have visitors, and the following couple of weekends we will be traveling.

Anyone have thoughts on schedules with this kind of limitation? I was thinking about doing runs M, W, F (with the long run on Friday), T, TH will be pilates or cross training, then just walking on the weekends. Will this be enough?

My schedule for the past week:
Monday: 5 miles, 49 minutes
Tuesday: core training, 30 minutes (sit ups, pushups, wall sits, etc)
Wednesday: 6.5 miles, 1:04 (man it was hot that day!! and more hills than normal, I had to walk for five minutes after 3.5 miles, but I pushed through it)
Thursday: off
Friday: cardio run (2 miles in 18 minutes, walk two minutes, then 11 minutes of intervals*), core training- situps/pushups
Saturday: off
Sunday: walked 4-5 miles around Milan
Monday: 7 miles, 1:06
*when I do intervals, I usually do 60 seconds at a jog (just barely slower than race pace), 45 seconds at a run, 30 seconds sprinting, then back to a jog for 60 seconds... then repeat for at least 10 minutes. This helps me to increase my endurance and speed. I haven't done intervals in a few weeks, and with my illnesses putting a dent in my pace, I thought it was time to reintroduce them to my training. Hopefully it will allow me to be a little faster in the upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment