Thursday, April 12, 2012

Can't you take a gas-x or something??


Baby Carter!

For the past week Josh and I have been in Minnesota visiting family and friends, and also getting ready for his brothers wedding this Saturday. It's been fun seeing everyone but it is seriously exhausting! I was always a little run down just from the emotions of seeing so many people when I wasn't pregnant, but multiply that by about 10, and you have me on this trip. Every night I could go to sleep at 7PM and sleep right through the night! Jet lag may also have something to do with that though... But I was able to see Holly, Brady and their new baby boy Carter- that was so much fun!! He is just absolutely adorable! We also spent Easter with my family which was nice. My mom made a bunny cake that was delicious! But, the poor thing had some frosting troubles... She frosted it on Sat night, and on Sunday morning it looked like he worked out and sweat off his fur! I also had breakfast yesterday with my cousin Jenna (who is also pregnant and due on July 1st) and my uncle Bruce. It's been a fun trip so far!



Me and Holly

The sweating bunny cake

So, at the risk of sounding crude, it's time to talk about some funny things that have been happening in week 17 of pregnancy for me. Well, it's actually something that has been happening since I got pregnant- GAS. Normally this is not an issue for me, but since becoming pregnant I am so gassy! Josh has been traveling almost every week for the past couple of months, so he hasn't really experienced it... until this week. He thinks it's something in the food in MN that's affecting me, but really I think it's little Bambino. Each night the poor guy comes into our bedroom scared that he's going to get a ticking time bomb... Apparently I've woken him up at night because I've dropped a few bombs in my sleep. He keeps telling me that I'm giving him the "dutch oven". I certainly don't mean to!! If I could, I would change that situation! Last night he finally said "can't you take a gas-x or something?!?" It's really embarrassing, but I can't help it!

Me and cousin Jenna- the preggos!



I'm not sure if every woman deals with this during pregnancy, but I know I'm not the only one! I just read Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs, and she talks about being in a similar situation. Although, her reason for the gas was a little different... It made me feel better knowing that this was something that others have to deal with. If you haven't read her book, I would highly recommend it! I was laughing the whole way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment