Wednesday, August 10, 2011

5 Castelli 10K!

After the half marathon in Fussen, Josh was inspired to start training to run a race with me this fall! This will be his first race and I'm so excited! A 10K is what Josh decided on, so I decided to run the 5 Castelli 10k with him instead of the half. For me, a 10k isn't as scary as running another half marathon... For some reason training for a half seems to be a little too much for me, especially living in Europe. With all of the traveling we do, its difficult to fit in those long runs and days get skipped. If I can earnestly train for a 10k, I think I can rock it! Maybe I'm cut out to be a 10k runner?

So, last week Josh and I started training for the 10k in October. We ran a 2.7 mile run in about 20 minutes on Wednesday, I ran 3 miles on Sat in Monte Carlo on the treadmill, then we both ran a 4 km run through the city of Monte Carlo on Sunday (about 2.5 miles). It was so humid that day even though it was a reasonable temperature... I don't think I have ever sweat that much in my life! Yikes, we were both drenched at the end of that run!

We have 8.5 weeks to train, and that is not as daunting to me as the 3.5 month training schedule that I was on for the half. This is going to be fun :)

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to both of you!

    Jo (you know whose Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Josh can convince Casey to take a stab at running??? It would be nice to have a partner! Best of luck! - Leslie

    ReplyDelete